Vision mission & values
Our purpose is to actively protect and enhance people’ s lives
- Actively: We play a proactive and leading role in improving people’s lives through insurance.
- Protect: We are dedicated to the heart of insurance - managing and mitigating risks of individuals and institutions.
- Enhance: Generali is also committed to creating value.
- People: We deeply care about our clients’ and our people’s future and lives.
- Lives: Ultimately, we have an impact on the quality of people’s lives: wealth, safety, advice and service are instrumental in improving people’s chosen way of life for the long-term.
Our mission is to be the first choice by delivering relevant and accessible insurance solutions
- First choice: Logical and natural action that acknowledges the best offer in the market based on clear advantages and benefits.
- Delivering: We ensure achievement striving for the highest performance.
- Relevant: Anticipating or fulfilling a real life need or opportunity, tailored to local and personal needs and habits, perceived as valuable.
- Accessible: Simple, first of all, and easy to find, to understand and to use; always available and competitive value for money.
- Insurance solutions: We aim at offering and tailoring a bright combination of protection, advice and service.
Deliver on the promise
We build a long-term contract of mutual trust with our people, clients and stakeholders; all of our work is about improving the lives of our clients.
We commit, with discipline and integrity, to bringing this promise to life and making an impact within a long lasting relationship.
Value our people
We value our people, encourage diversity and invest in continuous learning and growth by creating a transparent, cohesive and accessible working environment. Developing our people will ensure our company’s long-term future.
Live the community
We are proud to belong to a global Group with a strong, sustainable and long-lasting relationship in every market in which we operate. Our markets are our homes.
We are curious, approachable and empower people with open and diverse mindsets who want to look at things from a different perspective.
Code of conduct
The Generali Group Code of Conduct was approved by the Board of Directors of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A on 14 December 2012 and replaces the Ethical Code of the Generali Group.
The Code of Conduct applies to all employees of Generali Group, including members of supervisory and management bodies. In addition, third parties (consultants, suppliers, agents, etc.) who act on behalf of the Group are expected to adhere to the principles set out in the Code.
The Code of Conduct sets minimum standards of behaviour to be observed, and provides specific rules of conduct in relation to the following issues: promotion of diversity and inclusion, assets and business data protection, conflicts of interest, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, financial information and insider dealing, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and international sanctions.
The Code of Conduct has been translated into all the languages of the countries where the Group operates.
Reporting concerns and incorrect conduct
Practices or conduct that are considered, in good faith, as inappropriate or inconsistent with the law, the Code of Conduct or the Group Rules or other internal policies (e.g. discriminations, harassment, bullying, mobbing, corruption and bribery, etc.), can be reported via local as well as Group Head Office channels. In order to help you get a prompter reply you are encouraged to use local channels first.
Reports can be submitted via:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Head Office’s channels:
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- by post: Group Compliance - Business Integrity - Piazza Cordusio 2, 20123 Milano, Italy.
Allegations or concerns involving Financial, Auditing and Accounting, Banking, Anti-Bribery issues can also be reported through the Group Compliance Helpline provided by GCS Compliance Service Europe Ltd. (a third party supplier, subsidiary of Navex Global):
- via the webform
Reports must be adequately detailed in the description of the circumstances of the alleged violation. Complaints without sufficient detail cannot be considered.
Although, where permitted by local law, anonymous reports are accepted, the Group believes that the investigation of any report will be more effective if the identity of the person submitting the report is known, this is why the Group encourages complainants to disclose their identity while submitting a report.
Reports, as well as the details of both the complainants and the individuals concerned, will be treated confidentially and handled with utmost discretion and in compliance with the applicable privacy regulations.
The Group strictly prohibits retaliation against anyone who reports in good faith, no matter whom the report involves.
Please note that these channels should not be used to submit Customers’ concerns related to the products or services provided by Group companies, since they should be communicated through the appropriate, specific channels according to the provisions set out in the relevant contractual documentation, in compliance with local legislation.