What to do after a loss
Immediately after the occurrence of a loss
- Make sure the loss does not increase (e.g. repair of a damaged water pipe, temporary repair of roof covering, etc.).
- Document the loss incurred - take photos of all the damaged things (including an overall view of the damaged thing).
- Inform the insurance company that a loss event has occurred
- Wait with the overall repair of the property or with the removal of residues of the damaged things until the insurance company gives an instruction.
When to call the police
- Any time there is suspicion, in connection with a loss event, that a crime has been committed or attempted
What I need to report the loss
- Insurance Policy number
- identification details of the insured person (given name and surname / business name, date of birth / Company Registration Number)
- date and site of the loss event
- information on the cause of the loss and its scope
- number of a bank account for sending the insurance benefit (for faster payment of the insurance benefit)
- Based on your notice, the loss event is recorded. You will obtain its number after the completion of registration from the claims adjuster.